6th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|6th Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
Formation and Xin Sheng Campaign
The unit was created by Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao in wake of invasion of rogue St. Ives Compact 2nd battalion of the Blackwind Lancers in 3060. The unit's creation partially political in nature and lead to the Capellan-St. Ives War. The Homeworld of the 6th Confederation Reserve Cavalry is Hustaing.
The Sixth Confederation Reserve Cavalry served on Indicass and Denbar during the Xin Sheng campaign. After hostilities ended, the unit returned to those worlds as a peace offering. The two worlds accepted the Cavalry's presence, but generally didn't warm to the unit. Denbar's inhabitants in particular were very cold to the Cavalry. In response, the Sixth used a Firestarter whose fuel tanks had been filled with paint to spray graffiti all over the tarmac of the main spaceport. The scale of the graffiti was such that it only became visible at an altitude of thousand meters or more. The Sixth returned to Hustaing in 3067.
During Operation: Sovereign Justice the Sixth faced off against the 1st Federated Suns Armored Cavalry on Halloran V. They fought the elite unit to a standstill, but were forced off the planet when the Word of Blake bombarded the world and both units. They took up garrison stations on Second Try, Elnath, and Yunnah.
As of 3085 the Sixth was stationed on Corey, where they broke into battalion level formations and conducted wargames. One of these exercises occurred in Hollis Incorporated's main assembly area, which disrupted production. The Arcade Rangers needed two weeks to clean up the mess, and the soldier's pay had to be garnished to pay for the lost productivity.
In 3111 the Sixth was assigned to take Second Try from the Republic of the Sphere. Due to technical problems with their JumpShip however, the Sixth lost a third of their force before they faced a fully aware and dug in opponent who was waiting for them. The V Principes Guards had dug into the world and resisted the Sixth for more than a year. After six months of fighting and a resupply mission from Sarna, the Sixth was able to defeat the Fifth Principes. They later faced Kai Allard-Liao and tried to stop his vengeance mission. They also battled Stone's Lament on Wei and fought on Sarna. On Sarna Stone's Pride ran the Sixth ragged until the Sixth was reinforced by Warrior House Dai Da Chi.
The Sixth defended against a raid on the Hollis Industries plant on Corey in 3130. Mercenaries hired by The Republic of the Sphere raided the world, and the Sixth was defending. They sent a series of Shun transports filled with battle armor to the mercenary landing zone and dropped the battle armor on the mercenary DropShips. The Sixth's battle armor quickly seized the DropShips and forced the mercenaries to surrender.
The Hustaing warriors are known for unorthodox maneuvers, and use their armor assets as a flanking force.
3063 to 3067
- CO: Sang-shao Ni Tehn Dho
- 1st Battalion: Zhong-shao Torri Chan
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Jeremy Kubasik
- 3rd Battalion: Zhong-shao Dan Evans
- XO/Armor Commander: Zhong-shao Ilsa Cappuccio
- Infantry Commander: Sang-wei Darlan Magnusson
- About half are from the Magistracy of Canopus integrated
The orbital bombardment on Halloran V and the fighting against the First FedSuns Armored Cavalry inflicted serious damage on the Sixth. In 3079 they were reduced to approximately half their pre-Jihad strength.
6th Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Dan Evans
Hustaing Armor Corps (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Casimir Takac
Hustaing Associated Infantry (1 Battalion/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Sao-shao Greta Müller
6th Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Conley Asakura
- CO: Kong-sao-shao Abbey Lampe
Hustaing Armor Corps (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Lap Hay Ng
Hustaing Infantry (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Milanko Cuda
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 73, "6th Confederation Reserve Cavalry Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 22
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 32, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 11
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 33, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 28
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, p. 8
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, p. 18, 20
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, pp. 9, 12, 23
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, p. 29
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 12
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, p. 11
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 47, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3145"