|Primary Site(s)|| Corey|
Hollis Incorporated began as a military supplier for the Terran Hegemony. Their first attempt at a BattleMech was the Xanthos, the first quadrupedal unit. However the prototype of the Xanthos had many engineering problems and the project was cancelled by the Hegemony Armed Forces. Hollis had hedged their bets by producing the Catapult however, and this allowed them to remain solvent in the wake of the Xanthos debacle as the Capellan Confederation and Free Worlds League began buying the sixty-five ton unit.
Another once-prosperous manufacturer almost bankrupted by the Succession Wars, Hollis Incorporated produced such iconic Assault 'Mechs as the BattleMaster and the Highlander until a House Marik raid during the Second Succession War destroyed much of the factory. Hollis Incorporated had only barely begun to recover and was about to begin production of their first new BattleMech design in well over three-hundred years when forces of the CCAF overran Corey during Operation Guerrero. Hardly surprised by the turn of events, Hollis' Board of Directors had remained loyal to the Celestial Throne ever since the Fourth Succession War, paying lip service to the Archon-Prince only to take advantage of military subsidies Hollis Inc used to rebuild their facilities.
Hollis found itself booming during the Jihad, with the production facility on Corey serving as the closest major supplier to the front line between the Word of Blake Protectorate and the Confederation. The plants on Corey expanded, adding new production lines, only to then be hit by a raiding party of Blakist forces after the fall of Terra. Hollis was lucky that the mercenary unit the Hexare Grenadiers were undergoing repair and refit on Corey at the time - the Grenadiers were able to drive the Blakists off before the plant could be completely destroyed, but the extent of the damage hadn't been clarified as at mid-3081.
The company's CEO in 3067 is Lord Jason Hollis. The board of directors has to occasionally reign him in as his determination to return Hollis to glory sometimes leads him to wild schemes.
Hollis Incorporated has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Tsinghai:|
|XNT-2O Xanthos||Assault BattleMech|
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, p. 8
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 135, "Hollis Incorporated Company Profile"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 101, "Capellan Commonality"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 8
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 146, "Produced Catapult Components on Corey"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 11
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 3, "State of the Industry Table"
- http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/293/battlemaster-blr-4l Master Unit List
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 38, "Produced Huron Warrior Components on Corey"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 4
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 40, "Produced Catapult II Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, p. 8, "XNT-2O Xanthos"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 246, "Produced Xanthos Components on Corey"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 264
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p.114
- Technical Readout: 3039, p.276
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 3
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4
- Handbook: House Liao
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League