Accrington Freedom Theater Militia
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Accrington Freedom Theater Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Freedom Theater Militia|
formerly Skye March Militia
The Accrington Freedom Theater Militia was one of the first march militia units founded in the Lyran Commonwealth. In 3036 they faced their first challenge, a raid by the 5th Amphigean Light Assault Group. The lighter Combine 'Mechs ran rings around the heavy Lyran units, making a mockery of the Accrington Militia's superior numbers. As a result of this encounter, the March Militia system was met with scorn by the LCAF regional commanders on Skye.
During the FedCom Civil War the Accrington FTM sided with elements of the Free Skye Movement. They took the Freedom Theater command compound on Freedom but sustained heavy losses in the process. However, they quickly rebuilt.
The Accrington Freedom Theater Militia uses artillery extensively, and their infantry forces are highly skilled at placing ambushes.
Accrington Skye March Militia (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Shmuel de Fermat
- CO: Colonel Yseult Elkins
Accrington FTM Infantry Brigade (5 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Garrard Kathari
They were at nearly full strength after the FedCom Civil War.
With the transfer of an entire battalion to the Lyran Guards, the Accrington FTM was reduced to less than two-thirds of its pre-Jihad strength.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 113 - "Militia Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 176
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 12
- Objective Raids, p. 18, "Lyran Commonwealth State Command"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 177
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 17