|Manufacturer||Hector MechWorks Facility Beta (Clan Ice Hellion), Olivetti Weapons (Clan Jade Falcon)|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
|BV (2.0)|| 43|
The Afreet is a battle armor design created by Clan Ice Hellion. The Afreet was created when Khan Raina Montose ordered two other projects merged, resulting in a battlesuit that seems to fit in well with the Hellion belief in speed over all else. The primary feature of the Afreet is its ability to leap one-hundred twenty meters at a time. This comes at a sacrifice to armor, as the Afreet is only able to stop a Clan ER Small Laser. It does, however, utilize Improved Sensors, a holdover from one of the suits it descended from. Following the Hellion invasion of the Inner Sphere, both Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Hell's Horses salvaged and produced their own versions.
Weapons and Equipment
The only gun on the Afreet is its Light Recoilless Rifle. The positively archaic gun is cheap, simple, and has twice the range of a Small Laser. On the down side, it also has, at best, half the damage potential. To supplement the rifle, the Afreet carries two retractable vibroblades. These melee weapons are surprisingly effective against unarmored infantry.
- MUL online date for the Afreet
- Combat Equipment, p. 30
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 119
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 232
- Technical Readout: 3075, pg. 118
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 234
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 233
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 124