Early Life and Career
In her early career, Raina was Bloodnamed Commanding Officer of Alpha Galaxy's 40th Hellion Lancers. During her stay of command, she deployed her force as a rapid advance and assault unit, specialized in carrying Elemental Battle Armor into battle some roles as to deploy them as Command Headhunters. Khan Asa Taney deployed her Cluster in flanking actions to disrupt enemy's formations in battle.
During her time in service of Alpha Galaxy, Khan Taney's leadership took the entire Clan into decline. With his ill-temper manner and lack of foresight when conducting trials that end disaster for Clan. Warriors of her Clan could not be lead by Taney any longer and conducted number of Trial of Grievance against Khan Taney. Four Warriors, including saKhan Sellen Cage, had been killed by him with his Aerospace Fighter. However, Raina challenged the seemly ill-temper Khan and defeated him, shooting down his fighter. The Ice Hellions' Clan Council removed Asa Taney from the rank of Khan. Raina won support when time came to vote for new Khan, making her Khan of the Ice Hellions in 3065.
As Khan of the Ice Hellions
After taking the Khanship from Asa, she chose Conner Rood from Beta Galaxy to become her saKhan. She then undertook the task to undo the damage done for past couple of decades. With her leadership, she helped reinforce garrison commanders' confidence leading them to successfully defend Clan enclaves from being taken.
Despite her Clan's Weaknesses and lack strength to gain more territories, she moved to strengthen her front-line Galaxies with vehicle-oriented Flurry Clusters. She gave weekly state of the Clan addresses to try bolster her Clan's spirits. Among other programs she was directly involved, Raina authorized the creation of the Afreet Battle Armor.
Invasion of Jade Falcons' OZ
Over the years since taking the title of Khan, her Clan's confidence improved. However, Raina planned a more ambitious scheme to strengthen her Clan, at the expense of others. In 3071, she moved all her Clan's frontline forces to Inner Sphere to invade Clan Jade Falcon's Occupational Zone. In a gamble, she threw her Clan's entire Touman into this invasion. She divided the Touman into two Task Forces, each guide by herself and saKhan Rood. In June 3071, she led her Alpha Galaxy teamed with Delta and Zeta Prime Galaxy in task to capture a large swath of the Jade Falcons' industrial worlds.
For the first six months of the campaign, she and her Task Force succeeded in seizing and holding a large swath of worlds. However, by December 3071 the tide had turned on them, as the Jade Falcons, now backed by the Hell's Horses began their counter-assaults. They inflicted heavy damage to Raina Montose's forces and made them lose ground. She and her Galaxy were forced to retreat a number of times until withdrawing to Vantaa, where she made her Clan's final stand in March 3072. In the course of the Battle for Vantaa, she received word of saKhan Rood's accepting Hegira at Dark Nebula. She was furious and refused a similar offer by the Falcon-Hell's Horse forces on Vantaa. She died in battle with her Alpha and Zeta Prime Galaxies, but not before inflicting significant damage against the opposing forces and the planet's life-support systems.
Khan Montose's failed invasion left Ice Hellion's Touman sundered.
|kaKhan of Clan Ice Hellion
3065 – 3072
| Succeeded by|
Khan Montose's invasion left her Clan's holdings vulnerable to conquest. This possibly led to the Ice Hellions' final destruction which occurred after the Inner Sphere's communication with the Clans was cut off.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 188, "Raina Montose Profile"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans p. 85 - Alpha Galaxy / 40th Hellion Lancers - First noted appearance of Raina Montose as Cluster Commander.
- Field Manual: Updates p. 46 - Clan Ice Hellion - Events leading to her Challenging and defeating Asa Taney in battle.
- Field Manual: Updates p. 46 - Raina attempts to strengthen her Clan and is able to bolster its confidence in itself.
- Technical Readout: 3075 pp. 118-119 - Khan Montose authorization of the creation of the Afreet Battle Armor for her Clan.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents p. 28-30 - Operation: Ice Storm - Raina Montose's crusade to carve Ice Hellion OZ from Jade Falcons' territory and the reports of her demise.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers p. 126,139 - Preening and Posturing & Forcible Relocation - Vantaa's made inhabitable due to Ice Hellion's last battle. Montose's death confirmed.