Beagle (Combat Vehicle)
|Manufacturer|| Numall Armored Vehicles |
|Armor||Yelm 2.5 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Essex 88|
In 2666 the Star League contracted Numall Armored Vehicles to build the Beagle Hover Scout. Developed purely to carry its advanced namesake, the Beagle Active Probe, the hover tank was ready for production in just 12 months, and it was quickly fielded to most of the SLDF armor units. Unfortunately crews found a critical flaw in the vehicle shortly after it was fielded. The flaw caused the turret to lock up in a way that required the vehicle be returned to the manufacturer to be fixed. This fix, however, often took as long as the original construction. This caused many SLDF units to "forget" to turn in the flawed vehicles. Because many of the original tanks were never refitted, the Beagle all but disappeared during the First Succession War, as often from mechanical failure as from combat damage.
Reintroduced by the Word of Blake, the cheap and easy to produce Beagle and its variants fill a variety of roles in the Word of Blake Militia, rolling off the production lines of the Epsilon Eridani based Kressly Warworks at an amazing rate.
 Weapons and Equipment
The Beagle is lightly armed with a single Exostar-2C Small Laser mounted on the front of the vehicle, and an Aberdovey Mk II Medium Laser alongside the sensor wand for the Beagle Active Probe in its turret.
- Developed as a dedicated reconnaissance vehicle and spotter, all offensive weaponry has been removed in exchange for a C3i module and Anti-Missile System. The addition of a XL Engine allows an increase in speed to a startling 226kph to quickly roam across the battlefield, while Heavy Ferro-Fibrous plating improves protection. BV (2.0)= 266
- Beagle TAG
- An unarmed spotter, the TAG variant utilizes the same Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor and XL Engine as the C3i but carries an Beagle Active Probe, Guardian ECM Suite and Target Acquisition Gear to call down indirect LRM fire, AeroSpace Fighter flights or, most of threatening, orbital strikes from the Blakists' WarShips. BV (2.0) = 295
- ↑ MUL online date for the Beagle (Combat Vehicle)
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 106, "Force Faction Table"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 152-153, "Beagle Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 169
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Technical Readout: 2750, pp. 88-89, "Beagle Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 192-193, "Beagle Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 170
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 171
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 26