Beagle (Combat Vehicle)
|Manufacturer|| Numall Armored Vehicles |
|Armor||Yelm 2.5 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Essex 88|
In 2666 the Star League contracted Numall Armored Vehicles to build the Beagle Hover Scout. Developed purely to carry its advanced namesake, the Beagle Active Probe, the hover tank was ready for production in just 12 months, and it was quickly fielded to most of the SLDF armor units. Unfortunately crews found a critical flaw in the vehicle shortly after it was fielded. The flaw caused the turret to lock up in a way that required the vehicle be returned to the manufacturer to be fixed. This fix, however, often took as long as the original construction. This caused many SLDF units to "forget" to turn in the flawed vehicles. Because many of the original tanks where never refitted, the Beagle all but disappeared during the First Succession War, as often from mechanical failure as from combat damage.
Reintroduced by the Word of Blake, the cheap and easy to produce Beagle and its variants fill a variety of roles in the Word of Blake Militia, rolling off the production lines of the Epsilon Eridani based Kressly Warworks at an amazing rate.
The Beagle is lightly armed with a single Exostar-2C Small Laser mounted on the front of the vehicle, and a Aberdovey Mk II Medium Laser along side the sensor wand for the Beagle Active Probe in its turret.
- Beagle C3i - Developed as a dedicated reconnaissance vehicle and spotter, all offensive weapon has been removed in exchange for a C3i module and Anti-Missile System. The addition of a XL Engine allows an increase in speed to a startling 226kph to quickly roam across the battlefield, while Heavy Ferro-Fibrous plating improves protection. BV (2.0)= 266
- Beagle TAG - A unarmed spotter, the TAG variant utilizes the same Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor and XL Engine as the C3i but carries an Beagle Active Probe, Guardian ECM Suite and Target Acquisition Gear to call down indirect LRM fire, AeroSpace Fighter flights or, most of threatening, orbital strikes from the Blakist's WarShips. BV (2.0) = 295
- Sealed Beagle - Based on the Beagle C3i, this variant uses Environmental Sealing to protect the crew from hostile environments. BV (2.0) = 249
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 106, "Force Faction Table"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 152-153, "Beagle Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 169
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Technical Readout: 2750, pp. 88-89, "Beagle Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 192-193, "Beagle Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 170
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 171
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 26