|Chassis||Coriolis Class XXV|
|Engine||Firebox 200 XL|
|Communications System||CH2 Series Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Able-Seven Sensor Suite|
The Bear Cub was designed by Clan Ghost Bear scientists in the waning years of the 30th century. Khan Nadia Winson expected hostilities, but the Dragoon Compromise stalled the invasion of the Inner Sphere. It was not until the late 3060s, seventy years later, that the Ghost Bears again had need of a cheap, versatile, second-line BattleMech. The Bear Cub was first put into production after the end of the war with the Draconis Combine.
The light 'Mech uses a 200-rated XL Engine that gives it a top speed around 129 km/h. Some expense is spared, however, as the Bear Cub is built with standard armor on a standard chassis. The engineers even went to the extreme of using twelve single heat sinks, streamlining the production process for the Inner Sphere.
Weapons and Equipment
The versatile Bear Cub mounts weapons that enable it to be effective in every range bracket. For long-range support, it utilizes a Type V LRM-5. In intermediate range, two Series 2f ER Medium Lasers provide respectable firepower. Up close, a Type 1 Cross-Pattern SRM-4 and a Series 1s ER Small Laser can be added to the mix. The heat dissipation system is not up to the standards of the usual Clan 'Mech, so MechWarriors have to exercise more caution than usual.
- MUL online date for the Bear Cub
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 133
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 252
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 132
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 107
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 253
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 254
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 BattleAxe Quirk Table - Bear Cub Entry.