- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Previous names||Melissa Davion|
The lead ship of the Avalon-class of cruiser WarShips, the FCS Melissa Davion was introduced to service with the Federated Commonwealth during the Capellan-St. Ives War. It would later be captured by the Word of Blake and renamed WoBS Beneficence.
During the FedCom Civil War the Melissa Davion fought on the side of Victor Steiner-Davion at York in March 3064, facing off against two Loyalist Fox-class corvettes, the LAS Robert Kelswa and LAS Robert Marsden in the York system in a cunning ambush staged by Leutnant-General Maria Esteban that saw Victor defeated and nearly killed or captured. The Robert Marsden and Robert Kelswa were able to force Victor's outnumbered forces to retreat under fire or face the very real threat of orbital bombardment, although the two Foxes were unable to interdict the Fifth Crucis Lancers RCT DropShips as they evacuated the planet.
On the 21st of February 3066 the Melissa Davion engaged another Fox-class corvette, the LAS Katrina Steiner, as the Loyalist ship attempted to bombard the surface of Tikonov, where Victor Steiner-Davion was in the field; the Melissa Davion successfully drove the smaller ship off, allowing Victor to withdraw from the planet. On 8 November 3066 the Melissa Davion led a force of no less than four Foxes — the FCS Admiral Corinne Donnings, FCS Intrepid, FCS Kentares and FCS Robinson - to New Avalon. Facing the Allied forces were two of the Melissa Davion's sister ships, the Alexander Davion and the Lucien Davion as well as a pair of Foxes, the FCS Antrim and FCS Murmansk. The resulting battle saw the Intrepid disabled and the Admiral Corinne Donnings destroyed in the early stages; the Kentares then maneuvered itself into close proximity with the Alexander Davion and executed a tactic that shocked both forces - the Kentares activated her K-F Drive, destroying both ships. The Kentares and the Alexander Davion were the last ships to be destroyed in the battle, as the Lucien Davion surrendered after taking heavy damage and the Murmansk executed a jump from a pirate point, vanishing without trace.
In April 3069 a Word of Blake flotilla overran the shipyards at Galax and stole all ships that could move under their own power, including the Melissa Davion. It was renamed WoBS Beneficence and noted to have received at least two Level IIs of Rusalka aerospace fighters.
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 163, "Avalon-Class Cruiser"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, pp. 24-25, "AFFS WarShip Fleet"
- FedCom Civil War, p. 102-103, "York"
- FedCom Civil War, p. 126, "Tikonov"
- FecCom Civil War, p. 170
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 63
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 100 (Rusalka entry)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128