Beta Galaxy (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3061)|
|Nickname||Scourge of the Pentagon|
|Parent Formation||Clan Cloud Cobra Touman|
Beta Galaxy was raised in 2859 due to Clan Cloud Cobra's expanding possessions, doubling in size from six to twelve Binaries within two decades. Overshadowed by Alpha Galaxy, Beta's accomplishments are lessened by the fact that its two most successful operations were against relatively weak opponents.
Ever since, Beta Galaxy has been rotating between the Pentagon Worlds and Tanite Worlds on five-year assignments. The unit has had little chance to win glory when performing crowd-control and anti-terrorism duties, though recently the Galaxy has been in poor shape to do so. The controversial appointment of a new Commanding Officer, along with disagreements between the Galaxy's mix of Warden and Crusader Cloisters, has resulted in near-open feuding between the Galaxy's three Clusters. For this reason many outsiders deem the Galaxy combat ineffective, incapable of fighting against even bandits.
As of 3061 the commanding officer was Galaxy Commander Yishai Hobbes. His appointment to the role came with controversy, as the former CO Hastead Jamal was killed in a Circle of Equals with the Clan's current saKhan. Senior Cluster commander Star Colonel Adella Kardaan of the 121st Cobra Fangs was denied the right to succeed Jamal because his dishonor tainted her as well, and has been in opposition with Yishai Hobbes ever since, further compounding Beta's problems.
As of 3067 the commanding officer was Galaxy Commander Wainani N'Buta.
Because of recent troubles, there is very little cohesion between Beta Galaxy's units, though they are still capable of fighting on their own.
Because of their underestimated combat capabilities, in CBT play Beta Galaxy make elect to give up Initiative after winning the role, only to seize it later. The player controlling Beta Galaxy may only "bank" two such Initiatives at any one time.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 33, "Beta Galaxy Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 35, "5th Cobra Coil Profile"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 177
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 55
- Field Manual: Update, p. 75, "Clan Cloud Cobra Deployment Table"