Blackwell Heavy Industries
|Blackwell Heavy Industries|
|Primary Products|| BattleMechs|
Blackwell Heavy Industries is a military goods manufacturer based on New Valencia.
Once only a minor component supplier, association with the Wolf’s Dragoons in 3007 has led to incredible financial success for the once virtually unknown Blackwell Industries. Bound to the Dragoons by an exclusive contract when they first arrived on Outreach, Blackwell has since become a major military supplier to mercenary units across the Inner Sphere.
In 3075 the Word of Blake struck the world again, successfully loading their cargo DropShips with the entire production run of Marauder IIs intended for the AFFS. The AFFS counterstrike drove the Blakists off-world, but the cargo DropShips were destroyed. This left Blackwell in dire straits as the AFFS Department of the Quartermaster refused to pay for 'Mechs it didn't receive. General Motors extended credit and capital to the company, but by 3079 it was clear that Blackwell could not survive alone. GM bought out the company, but announced it wouldn't produce any of Blackwell's designs.
Blackwell Heavy Industries has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 100
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 19
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p.??
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 14, "Produced Falcon 'Mech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 54, "Produced Gallowglas 'Mech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 68, "Produced War Dog 'Mech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 110, "Produced Imp 'Mech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 88, "Produced Bandit Vehicle Components"
- Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade, p.66, "Produced Badger Vehicle Components"
- Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade p.64, "Produced Kestrel VTOL Components"
- Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade p.72, "Produced Peregrine VTOL Components"
- Technical Readout 3057 Revised p. 172, "Produced NL-42 Battle Taxi"
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake p.24
- Wolf Pack, p.??