- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ashton 'Mech Production Complex|
|Chassis||Clan Series Assault SXC (Endo)|
|Armor||Forging ZK11 (Standard)|
|Engine||Clan Type 240 XL series|
|Communications System||TJ6 "Bell" Integrated Communications System|
|Targeting Tracking System||TRTTS Mark II CWS|
|Heat Sinks||16 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Standard 14X Series|
After the Clan invasion showed that Clan tactics often did not hold up against Inner Sphere forces because of the protracted engagements, Clan Coyote scientists designed the Canis. This second-line assault BattleMech primarily utilizes energy weapons, though it does use some ballistic weaponry to provide a stronger punch. In order to provide the tonnage for this powerful weapon array, the Canis utilizes an Endo Steel internal structure, as well as an Extra-Light Engine. To protect the vulnerable engine, fifteen tons of standard armor are utilized. Since the 'Mech is slower than most of its weight, the Canis comes equipped with enough jump jets to move ninety meters at a time. The Canis saw its first action in 3058 against Clan Jade Falcon forces during the Harvest Trials.
Weapons and Equipment
The energy weapons on the Canis are four arm-mounted Series 7Ja ER Large Lasers. While these pack a powerful, long-range punch, they often overload the design's sixteen double heat sinks. For medium-range support, the Canis utilizes a pair of torso-mounted Type 9 Ultra Autocannon/10s, though it only carries enough ammunition for approximately a minute and a half of sustained firing.
- Canis 2
- Developed during the the Jihad in 3071, this is an upgrade in the design's weaponry. The 'Mech's Ultra Class autocannons are removed, for a pair of Class 20 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifles with four tons of ammunition. Three of the 'Mech's ER Large Lasers are removed, with one being moved to its head. In their place, they've been given two Large Pulse Lasers. BV (2.0) = 2,822
- MUL online date for the Canis
- Combat Operations, p. 111
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 201
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 178-179, "Canis 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 269
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 270 - Canis's Jihad era variant from RS3060u.
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Canis.