Large Pulse Laser
|Large Pulse Laser|
|Tech Base||Clan / IS|
|Year Introduced||Clan = 2824 CCY|
|Year Extinction||IS = 2950|
|Year Reintroduced||IS = 3037 DC|
|Damage|| Clan = 10
IS = 9
|Short Range|| Clan = 1-6
IS = 1-3
|Medium Range|| Clan = 7-14
IS = 4-7
|Long Range|| Clan = 15-20
IS = 8-10
|Tons|| Clan = 6
IS = 7
|Ammo Per Ton||n/a|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||n/a|
|BV (1.0)|| Clan = 265
IS = 119
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 265
IS = 119
Pulse lasers differ from traditional laser weaponry, in that instead of firing one powerful beam, they maintain laser beams fired off in quick succession. While offering an overall increased rate of fire, the heat output also increases accordingly. Pulse lasers increase damage because they allow vaporized armor to dissipate from the location of damage. This allows subsequent pulses to reach the target area without being diffused by the vapor.
Large Pulse Lasers are the largest pulse lasers, with a both destructive and far-reaching pulse beam. While even assault 'Mechs can be devastated by a short barrage of Large Pulse Laser fire, the heat buildup is tremendous and will quickly overheat 'Mechs if used for prolonged periods.
While not designated as such in the names, Clan Pulse Lasers have greatly extended range over Inner Sphere models.
The Large Pulse Laser is manufactured on the following planets:
The Large Pulse Laser has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- TechManual, p. 226, "Laser - Pulse Lasers"
- TechManual, p. 291, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 342, "Clan Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 82, "States that this model is used on the Grand Titan, its only appearance. Assuming this is not a typo, it makes the most sense for the FWL 'Mech to be getting its weapons from Irian, not Kessel".
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 174, "States that Precision has branched out into Magna lasers. The description in Technical Readout: 3067 for the Sagittaire states that the Robinson-produced BattleMech uses Magna lasers, so it is likely that these new models of pulse lasers are coming from within the Draconis March and, thus, are the same".
- "BattleTech Video Game", Equpiment