Blackstone BattleMechs Limited
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Blackstone BattleMechs Limited|
One of the relatively new BattleMech manufacturers to spring up after the signing of the Truce of Tukayyid, Blackstone Industries announced they'd formed a BattleMech division in 3053 after signing a production license with the Federated Commonwealth government for the Enfield, an unproduced Star League era design, with the first finished 'Mechs emerging in July 3055.
After successfully completing the bulk of the first production run of the Enfield in 3056, Blackstone announced they had secured plans and a production license for the once popular and advanced Talon. Blackstone's luck in securing two major production contracts for the AFFC, later the LAAF and AFFS, has been a double-edged sword in making the company a big name overnight, but straining to hurriedly expand its limited production facilities and clear backed up orders.
Notably, the factory has close links with the Blackstone Highlanders Mercenary unit, created in 2984 to defend the interests of Blackstone Industries. The Highlanders act as field testers for 'Mechs manufactured by Blackstone BattleMechs, and field the largest volume of Enfields and Talons outside the LAAF and AFFS.
During the Jihad the Blackstone factory was not damaged, but production bottlenecks and damage to other facilities did affect production. By 3079 the factory was only at 75% of its pre-Jihad construction rate. Blackstone found itself in an invidious position; all of the production from their plant was going to the military of the Inarcs Archonette, which at the end of the Jihad was refusing to return to the government the executive powers which had been handed to it, prompting rumours of imminent military action as the Lyran government reasserted control.
Blackstone BattleMechs Limited has a manufacturing center on the following planet:
- Handbook: House Steiner, pp. 141-142, "Blackstone BattleMechs Limited Profile"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 39, "Blackstone Highlanders Profile"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 148
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 3
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 85, "Coventry Province"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 134, "Produced Enfield Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 208, "Produced Talon Components"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 18
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 40, "Produced Götterdämmerung 'Mech Components"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, Revised, p. 78 - Pegasus/Baronet Passenger VTOL - "Pegasus VTOL produced on Blackstone as of prototyped 3066/ produced 3067.