|Manufacturer||Blackstone BattleMechs, Ltd.|
|Chassis||Blackstone ETG Endo Steel|
|Armor||StarSlab/4 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Edasich 300 Compact|
|Communications System||CommuTech High Band 14|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mark X|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
The Götterdämmerung is a Heavy class BattleMech first fielded by the Lyran Commonwealth in 3138, the 'Mech's German name translates to "twilight of the gods" or "ragnarök". Designed by Blackstone BattleMechs of Inarcs, the company had intended the Götterdämmerung as a replacement for the ancient Thunderbolt.
Shortly after entering service, the Götterdämmerung would gain a mixed reputation for being a highly durable BattleMech, but a difficult design to escape from should it be downed. The 'Mech saw service in many of the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces' frontline regiments as well as number of mercenary commands.
Weapons and Equipment
The Götterdämmerung's durability is due in part of layers of StarSlab/4 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous Armor, while Blackstone would move the cockpit of the 'Mech to the torso. The Torso-Mounted Cockpit's ejection system is highly complex, making escape from the Götterdämmerung difficult under certain circumstances. MechWarriors piloting the 'Mech need also be wary of losing their side torsos, due to the split placement of their life support systems.
The 'Mech's Compact Gyro and the Edasich 300-rated Compact Fusion Engine contributes to its survivability while giving it same mobility as its ancient predecessor.
Its long-range arsenal consists of a right arm mounted Defiance 1001 Extended Range Particle Projection Cannon. Backing the ER PPC is a Coventry StarFire 15-tubed LRM Launcher which is found where traditionally the cockpit is usually located, in the head. Along with launcher, its ammunition also been placed in head as well. Rest of the 'Mech firepower is placed in a center torso, making it difficult for an enemy to knock out all five Defiance Model XII Extended Range Medium Lasers.
The Götterdämmerung has the following Design Quirk:
- The Götterdämmerung has two known variants, one of which is intended for close-range combat, while the other is a clan-tech refit undergoing production testing. However, as of this writing, no Record Sheets have been produced for these variants.
- MUL online date for the Götterdämmerung (BattleMech)
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 41 & 99 Götterdämmerung - BV2.
- Götterdämmerung's MUL Profile including BV2 & Year of Introduction.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 313
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 41 & 99 Götterdämmerung - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 41 & 99 Götterdämmerung - Stats