|Use|| AgroMech |
Animal Herder & Hunter
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||ArcShield Indi (Industrial Armor)|
|Engine||Jones 100 ICE|
|Communications System||(Hunter and Herder) Neil 90b|
|Targeting Tracking System|| (Hunter) TharHes Mars-1|
|Heat Sinks|| (Hunter) 1|
|BV (2.0)|| 228 (Herder)|
The CattleMaster was created at the turn of the thirty-first century as an IndustrialMech to handle large herd animals. The concept for the Rancher 'Mech dates back to the twenty-fourth century. The 'Mech is noted for its durability and flexible Internal Combustion Engine. The 'Mech is built on the Lyran Commonwealth world of Duran. CattleMasters are used throughout Steiner agricultural worlds that handle livestock. The primary version of the CattleMaster is called the "Herder" which was introduced in 3024.
Weapons and Equipment
The Herder variant of the 'Mech is equipped with a three ton cargo bay.
- CTL-3R2 CattleMaster (Hunter)
- Heavily armored and armed version of CattleMaster, which is used for taking on powerful predators. The design is equipped with two military grade Small Lasers in its right arm and three Machine Guns in its left. The search light is moved to the left arm in this design. The half ton of Machine Gun ammunition is stored in the center torso. To handle the weaponry heat, the 'Mech has been equipped with a single heat sink. The Hunter is protected by five tons of industrial armor. BV(2.0)=245
- CTL-3R3 CattleMaster SecurityMech
- Developed by Rastaban during the Jihad, this design was introduced to make up for the dearth of Peacemaker SecurityMechs. A production design, it has a Fuel Cell engine, and uses Heavy Industrial Armor for protection. A Medium Laser is mounted in the left arm, and a single LRM-5 is mounted in the right torso. The left arm Machine Guns remain. BV(2.0)=358
The CattleMaster (Hunter) and (Herder) features the following Design Quirks:
The Herder and Hunter variants originally were published in the FanPro version of the original Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex. Both variants were published without record sheets until Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons. The MUL Profile for both units predates the RS:VA I&E's Battle Value. The unit's designations were changed from the RA-4 CattleMaster (Herder) and RA-4 CattleMaster (Hunter) to the CTL-3R and CTL-3R2 respectably.
As of this writing, the Master Unit List profile has not been updated and only shows the unit's information from first TRO:VA. Battle Values listed differs from the later published RS: VA I&E.
- Master Unit List profile for the CattleMaster (Herder) - Unit introduction date listed. Goes for both Hunter & Herder
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 206
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p.50 CTL-3R CattleMaster - Herder variant stats and BV2 listed. BV listed is new than listing on MUL.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p.51 CTL-3R2 CattleMaster - Hunter variant stats and BV2 listed. BV listed is new than listing on MUL.
- Master Unit List profile for the CattleMaster (Herder) variant.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 198
- Dark Age Turning Points: Liao, p. 9
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 206 Cattlemaster - Stats and capacities of the Herder model.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, Revised, p. 206 CattleMaster Herder/Hunter - Basic write up for the Hunter variant of the Cattlemaster.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p.245 CTL-3R2 CattleMaster - Hunter variant stats and BV2 listed. BV listed is new than listing on MUL.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 228 - Armed and Dangerous / SecurityMechs - CattleMaster CTL-3R3 "Background information on production SecurityMech version of the CattleMaster.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p.52 CTL-3R3 CattleMaster - Security Mech variant stats and BV2 listed.