Cellco Ranger UPU-3000
|Cellco Ranger UPU-3000|
|Use||Heavy Law Enforcement Vehicle|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Tracked (medium)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Natural Gas / 666 km|
|Armament||* 1x Machine Gun|
|Crew||3 (2 enlisted/non-rated, 1 gunner)|
The Ranger was originally designed as armored personnel carrier for use in urban combat environment, the vehicle has been adapted law enforcement duties. The vehicle's current version (UPU-3000) first appeared near the end of the Third Succession War in the Lyran Commonwealth. The vehicle is common in many urban cities in the great house. It has been given the designation of UPU (Urban Pacification Unit). Though the vehicle was failure as a military grade Armored Personnel Carrier, the Ranger's basic design has proven to be effective for law enforcement and corporate security in Lyran Commonwealth and Federated Suns.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Rangner is equiped with a Machine Gun mounted in the turret with 1 ton of ammo, the vehicle also features two Sprayers mounted in front and rear of the vehicle. The vehicle carries 0.86 tons of Sprayer fluid (water, other liquids).
The vehicle has a Infantry Compartment that can carry up to a ton of personnel with the them exiting from an rear hatch. It also features Armored Chassis and Controls Modifications, 3 hand searchlights (15kg 2 front, 1 mounted on the turret) and sprayer "ammo" treated as liquid cargo storage.
Other corporate interests of other Great Houses have made duplicates or have similar models of the Cellco Ranger.
- Urban Enforcer IV - This armored law enforcement vehicle is found in the Capellan Confederation.
- Raptor RRV - A Free Worlds League advanced and more sophisticated vehicle. However the vehicle is lighter and less armored than other urban armored vehicles. The vehicle does extended range support laser with a basic fire control systems, a large passenger bay with extra room for field gear and additional heavy weaponry.
As of this writing, there is no published BV or record sheets for this vehicle.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 42, "Cellco Ranger UPU-3000"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 36, "Cellco Ranger"
- online date for the Cellco Ranger UPU-3000
- online date for the Cello Ranger (Armored) variant
- online date for the Cello Ranger (MHQ) variant