Dragon's Last Tear
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Dragon's Last Tear|
The Dragon's Last Tear was the second Tatsumaki-class destroyer to enter service with the Draconis Combine; manufactured in the shipyards at Dieron, construction of the Dragon's Last Tear was already underway in late 3058.
In late 3062 efforts by elements of the Kokuryu-kai to build on the discontent within elements of the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery over the occupation of former Combine worlds by Clan Ghost Bear resulted in several units launching a rogue attack on the Ghost Bear Dominion. The Dragon's Tear was a part of that rogue action, escorting the Alshain Avengers in an attempted assault on Alshain, the Ghost Bear capital world.
The result was disastrous; far from being the invulnerable bastion of strength the Avengers believed, the Dragon's Last Tear was easily destroyed by the Nightlord-class battleship CGB Ursa Major, along with a regiment of the Avengers; the surviving two regiments of Avengers made a hasty planetfall to escape the Ursa Major's guns, only to be quickly wiped out by enraged Ghost Bear forces. The effects echoed beyond the destruction of the Dragon's Last Tear and three regiments of rebellious troops, however; it preciptated the First Dominion/Combine War.
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 15, "Aerospace Assets"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 25, "The Combine-Dominion War"