- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/Clan|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
The Dual Saw is a piece of construction equipment that is rarely seen on the battlefield. Though it has been used by the arena fighters on Solaris, the lack of range and interference with other equipment mean it's not popular with the regular armies of the Inner Sphere. Instead the Dual Saw is usually found on IndustrialMechs that are used either for construction or demolition.
The Dual Saw is based on the Chainsaw, but instead of a single chain, it uses twin high-speed circular ferro-carbide blades that spin around a central axis. This circular saw is more compact than a Chainsaw and easier for a pilot to use. Though the Dual Saw can slice down trees, its hardened blades are more useful in urban environments for cutting ferrocrete, pipes, and wiring.
Bipedal 'Mechs can carry a Dual Saw in each arm, but must remove the hand actuator to do so. Quad 'Mechs must mount the Dual Saw in the side torsos. A Dual Saw may not be mounted in any area that mounts a Chainsaw, Pile Driver, Mining Drill, Rock Cutter, Wrecking Ball, Combine, or Backhoe.
- TechManual, p. 243, "Dual Saw"
- Total Warfare, p. 146, "Physical Weapon Attacks Table"
- TechManual, p. 344, "Industrial Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Mappack: Solaris VII, p. 55, "New Equipment - Dual Saw"
- Total Warfare, p. 134, "Dual Saw"