|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
The Mining Drill is simply a large, fast-moving drill head on an armature with a diamond tip. It is capable of much finer control than the Rock Cutter, but lacks the general effectiveness of its companion at brute tasks; most major mining vehicles carry one of each.
Bipedal 'Mechs can carry a single Mining Drill in each arm, but must remove the hand actuator to do so. Quad 'Mechs and IndustrialMechs must mount the Mining Drill in the side torsos, but can only mount one in each location. Combat and Support Vehicles may mount a Mining Drill in the Front, Back, or Turret locations. A Mining Drill may not be mounted in any area that mounts a Chainsaw, Dual Saw, Pile Driver, Wrecking Ball, Combine, Rock Cutter, or Backhoe.
- TechManual, p. 246, "Mining Drill"
- TechManual, p. 293, "Industrial Equipment (Cont)"
- TechManual, p. 344, "Industrial Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Total Warfare, p. 138, "Combat - Mining Drill"
- Total Warfare, p. 146, "Physical Weapons Attacks Table"