- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Type|| Equipment |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
Created in the Pre-Flight Era, the Combine is a modern version of an agricultural tool used to cultivate food stocks grown from farms. The equipment appears to be an open rectangle box that contains multiple spinning blades which are used to cut down desired crops to be processed. Harvested crops are then passed out from other end of the Combine through a relay of hoses or conveyor belts and into a storage bay.
It can be used as an improvised physical attack weapon, but only for those desperate enough to try when fighting armored units, however it can be savage against conventional infantry.
Game Play Rules
When a Combine is used as Melee weapon, on the Physical Attack Phase, a unit using a Combine has a -2 To-Hit Modifier and inflicts 3 hit points damaged against a armored opponent. Against conventional Infantry targets, 1D6 is rolled instead.
Damage to inflicted a location; such as a Mech's arm actuator, effects To-Hit roll but does not effect Combine's damage value.
Support Vehicles if equipped with a Combine are restricted from being to use it in combat.
A single Combine maybe in mounted one arm actuator location, with hand actuator removed. A Quad 'Mech and IndustrialMech may also install Combine can be mounted in it's side torso, limited to a one per section.
Wheeled and Tracked Support and Combat Vehicles may mount the Combine. The equipment installation is limited to the Turret, Front and Back locations only.
A mounting restrictions for both Mechs and Vehicles also notes that Combine can not be mounted in same location with the following equipment; backhoe, chainsaw, Dual Saw, Heavy-Duty Pile Driver, Mining Drill, Rock Cutter, and Wrecking Ball.
There is no individual image of the Combine, a zoomed in Harvester Ant image was used due to combine being prominent with the image and purpose of the mech.
- Total Warfare, p. 146
- TechManual, p. 344, "Industrial Equipment Table" - Stat related Info
- TechManual, p. 292, "Industrial Equipment - Cost"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment - BV2"
- TechManual, p. 243, "Combine" - Overall Usage/Background/Construction rules Regarding the Combine.
- Total Warfare, p. 146 Physical Weapon Attacks table - Combine rules of use in game play.
- Total Warfare, p. 134, "Other Combat Weapons and Equipment/Combine" - Support Vehicles are noted being restricted from doing attacks with Combine of any kind.
- TechManual, p. 292, "Industrial Equipment" - Availability per eras as of 3067 and has never been unavailable.