- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Shengli Arms |
Detroit Consolidated MechWorks 
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Chariot Type II Endo Steel|
|Engine||Omni 175 XL|
|Communications System||Dian-bao Comms, Standard|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec 990 T&T|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Chilton 360|
Based on an old Star League design called the Sling, the Duan Gung likely shares its roots with the Koshi OmniMech, as the Sling shared many characteristics with both designs, and it is believed that the Sling was easily upgraded with OmniMech technology. The Duan Gung is a competent light fire support 'Mech. With a ground speed of 119 km/h and the ability to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters, it is capable of keeping up with most other light 'Mechs. To save weight and allow the Duan Gung to carry as heavy an arsenal as possible, the 'Mech is built on a Chariot Type II Endo Steel chassis and is powered by an Omni 175 XL Engine that weighs half as much as its standard fusion counterpart. To handle the heat from its weapons, the Duan Gung has ten double heat sinks, which are more than adequate for the 'Mech's needs. Finally, for protection from enemy fire, the Duan Gung carries four tons of Valiant DefCo armor, providing more than enough protection for the 'Mech's intended role.
Weapons and Equipment
The Duan Gung’s primary weapon is a Zeus LRM-10 missile launcher, which allows the 'Mech to hit targets at up to 630 meters, while also giving the Duan Gung indirect fire support capabilities. For close-range engagements, the 'Mech has two Martell Medium Lasers.
- Mist Lynx - Both the Duan Gung and the Mist Lynx are apparently based on designs or prototypes of the Sling BattleMech.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 76-77, "Duan Gung Profile"
- Field manual: 3145, p. 29, "Victoria Commonality"
- MUL online entry for the Duan Gung
- Combat Operations, p. 122
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 62
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 108 - Stealth Duan Gung introduced in the RS3060u.
- BattleTech Dossiers: Youling Zhanshi, p. 16