Fury (DropShip class)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Brigadier Corporation |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Drive System||Hyperdyne 211|
|Safe Thrust||2 g|
|Max Thrust||3 g|
|Fuel (tons)||76.1 days|
|Fuel (days)||140 tons|
|Armament|| 1x PPC |
2x Small Lasers
7x Medium Lasers
|Armor|| 30 tons standard |
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||8/0|
- This article is about the infantry carrying DropShip. For the Gauss Rifle toting command tank, see Fury (Combat Vehicle).
Due to its relatively light weapons array, the Fury is forced to operate in conjunction with better armed DropShips such as the Gazelle armor transport and Leopard CV fighter carrier, and while unsuited to the task is often used for raids and planetary assaults because larger vessels such as the Condor and Triumph are too valuable to risk.
Carrying a volume of weaponry near the bare minimum for a military craft, the Fury has a PPC and paired Medium Lasers mounted in the nose, while an LRM-20, small and medium lasers fill each wing. An AC/10 and twin medium lasers fend off attacks from the rear.
The Fury is capable of carrying two light Combat Vehicle Lances and four infantry platoons. The vehicle ramp is a major annoyance for the class, so steep that some vehicles have difficulty driving up it. Each of the infantry platoons have their own bunk room, equipped with three-tier bunk beds, storage lockers and washrooms. Infantry and armor crews share the same mess area and cramped recreation area.
- Completing a minor redesign to upgrade the Fury with Star League era weapons in 3056, Brigadier Corporation of Gibson have replaced the standard PPC with an extended range model, added Artemis IV FCS to the LRM launchers, removed the Small Lasers while adding two additional Medium Lasers. The barely upgraded weapon array is still not enough to allow the craft to operate independently, and other flaws such as the Furys steep cargo bay ramp/door has been barely addressed, the common field solution of adding a steel cable winch being adopted as a factory install. BV (1.0) = 2,334 BV (2.0) = 2,253
Fury Ship Gallery
- Dropships and Jumpships, p.17
- MUL online date for the Fury (DropShip class)
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 207