- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ceres Metals Industries|
|Chassis||Ceresplex Light Omni Endo Steel|
|Engine||Rawlings 100 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Hellespont TiteBeam|
|Targeting Tracking System||Apple Churchill 2000|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Gùn is a moderately fast light OmniMech which was designed by the Capellan Confederation as an Infantry Support 'Mech. Built at Ceres Metals Industries on the Lockton factory, the design was first fielded in 3144 just as House Liao began its invasion of the Federated Suns Capellan March.
Created to serve as a garrison 'Mech, its main role is to serve as fire-support for the garrison's infantry & Battle Armor formations. However, with only 3.5 tons of Standard Armor, the 'Mech lacks sufficient protection to counter heavier Combat Vehicles and traditional BattleMechs in combat.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed with 10 tons of pod space, the default configuration of the Gùn features a combination of anti-infantry and anti-vehicle energy weaponry. The 'Mech also features a Small Cockpit and an XL Gyro.
Its main weapon is a Plasma Rifle mounted in the right arm with two tons of ammo located in the adjacent torso. This weapon is backed up by a pair of Extended Range Medium Lasers.
The 'Mech has the following Design Quirks:
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 26-27 & 76-78, "Gùn OmniMech Profile"
- MUL Profile on GN-2O Gùn - BV2 and introduction Year listed.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 84
- Era Report: 3145, pp. 24-25 "Invasion of Federated Suns beginning in 3144 thru 3145."
- MUL Profile on GN-2O Gùn A Configuration - BV2 noted.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 85
- MUL Profile on GN-2O Gùn B Configuration - BV2 noted.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 86