|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works|
|Chassis||Luthien Class 52 Endo Steel|
|Armor||New Samarkand Teppeki Hardened|
|Engine||Hermes 330 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher CommSys 4|
|Targeting Tracking System||Neko Megane 7|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||86 kph, with Triple Strength Myomer 108 kph km/h|
|Jump Jets||Icarus 81|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,967|
Built by Luthien Armor Works of New Samarkand, the Hitotsume Kozo is a medium BattleMech designed to serve in the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery. Introduced in the 3130s, this 'Mech's creation was partially influenced by an unofficial cultural rebirth. Keeping this in mind, LAW styled the appearance of the Hitotsume Kozo after the ancient Japanese Bushido armor worn by the samurai warriors during that time period on Terra.
When it first appeared, the 'Mech was not favored by front-line troops due its advanced features and high heat output, so production runs of the design were transferred to less-favored combat units, such as Ghost Regiments. However, these less fickle warriors adapted to the design's quirks and turned it into an effective combat unit.
Weapons and Equipment
The Hitotsume Kozo's main weapon is its shoulder-mounted Lord’s Light 3 Heavy Particle Projection Cannon. The weapon is backed up by a pair of Diverse Optics Type 20X Extended-Range Medium Lasers mounted in its left arm. For melee combat, the 'Mech has a hatchet in the right arm. The weapon has been stylized to appear to be an ancient Japanese double-ended sickle.
The 'Mech is powered by a 330-rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine, which gives it enough power to overcome the slight reduction in mobility caused by its 14.5 tons of Hardened Armor. The Hitotsume Kozo's movement and physical attacks are greatly enhanced when it gains enough heat to active its Triple Strength Myomer. A new MechWarrior assigned to it must careful; they must keep one eye on the 'Mech's heat levels, which is managed by only twelve Double Heat Sinks. For tactical movement, the Hitotsume Kozo has four model Icarus 81 standard Jump Jets.
- This variant of the 'Mech swaps out its 330-rated XL Engine for a smaller engine reducing its speed to 79 km/h while still retaining the same amount of Hardened Armor. For its weaponry, the hatchet is retained, however, in place of the Heavy PPC is an Ultra Autocannon/10 with two tons of ammunition. The 'Mech's secondary weapons were also changed out for a pair of short-ranged Medium Pulse Lasers, while having only ten Double Heat Sinks to manage its heat. BV (2.0)=1,611
- HKZ-1FM Hitot sume Kozo Mulan
- Debuted in 3130 on the King of the Mountain Arena and piloted by Ming-Na Salonga, this variant trades its unusually shaped, sickle-like Hatchet for a Large Vibroblade properly styled to resemble a katana. At the same time, the hardened armor skirting that actually slows down its original chassis has been replaced with lighter and less cumbersome conventional armor. The engine, musculature, skeleton, and even the ranged weapons on Mulan all remain in place to Combine specs. BV2 = 1,772.
- The 'Mech takes its name from the yōkai/demon Hitotsume-kozō, which is translated as "bald child with one eye" or as a "One-Eye Dwarf".
- The Hitotsume Kozo first appeared as part of Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as part of its Firepower expansion set. It was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs once it advanced the timeline to 3145.
- Errant Note: The 'Mech's 1F variant battle value from the Record Sheets is different from the one listed in the Master Unit List website. The Hitotsume Kozo is listed having a battlevalue of 1,998.
The Hitotsume Kozo has the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for the Hitotsume Kozo
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp 41 & 99 Hitotsume Kozo - BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 154
- Battle Value of the Hitotsume Kozo and introduction year.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 40-41
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 40-41 & 99
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 40 & 100
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 155
- Experimental Technical Readout: Royal Fantasy, pp. 15 "HKZ-1FM Hitot sume Kozo Mulan"