- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
While the Davions, Haseks, and Sandovals are the dominant families within the Federated Suns, there are many "minor" families that have considerable influence as well. One of these is the Cunningham family. This family made its fortunes centuries ago by becoming the owners of the largest agricultural producers on the planet Kestrel, one of the garden worlds deep within the Federated Suns. This wealth made them the only choice to receive the ducal title to Kestrel as bestowed by First Prince Simon Davion in the 25th century.
Since that time, the Cunninghams have expanded and diversified their dealings into the business, military and governmental operations of their nation. This has led the family to be listed as one of the richest families within the Federated Suns in the 31st century. It is this wealth that has led critics to contend that the Cunninghams are only involved in politics to watch over their business investments. However, the Cunninghams have been staunch supporters of the Federated Suns and the ruling Davion family from the beginning.
The Duke of Kestrel's household guard, and the Cunningham family by extension, the First Kestrel Grenadiers, would prove an important independent military unit with the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns.
Known members of the family
- Andrew Cunningham
- Xerxes Cunningham, Duke of Kestrel in the 3050s.
- Timothy Cunningham, Commanding officer of the First Kestrel Grenadiers in 3085.
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 113, "Minor Noble Houses"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 126, "Independent Commands"