Improved Heavy Small Laser
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Improved Heavy Small Laser|
|Type||Direct Fire- Energy|
|Tech Base|| Clan Experimental|
(Advanced after 3085
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
The Improved Heavy Small Laser is Clan Goliath Scorpion's smallest Heavy Laser design. Like the version introduced by Clan Star Adder, it can inflict twice the damage of a standard Small Laser. Unlike the Star Adder's weapon, it doesn't interfere with targeting systems, so Scorpion Warriors have a better chance of hitting their target.
The Improved Heavy Small Laser's only real drawback is the fragility of the capacitors it uses to store power. Much like a Gauss Rifle, an Improved Heavy Laser will explode if destroyed in combat, inflicting a hit equivalent to a Small Laser to the 'Mechs internal structure.
The Improved Heavy Small Laser is manufactured on the following planets:
|Harpa||Sudeten||Falcon's Roost Orbital Assembly Plant||Persepolis|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 407, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 207, "Jihad Technology Advancment Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 321, "Improved Heavy Large Laser"
- "Tactical Operations, p. 406, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Clan Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 196, "Persepolis"