|Meabh Heavy Cruiser|
|Tech Base||Succession Wars (Nontournment)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Naval Vessel (Large, Template C)|
|Top Speed||120 K/ph|
|Armament|| 6 x PPCs|
2 x Large Lasers
12 x Medium Lasers
8 x AC/5s
2 x LR Torpedo/10
2 x SR Torpedo/6
|Armor||(Bar 7) 27 tons|
|Crew||19 Officers, 28 enlisted/non-rates, 66 gunners, 20 bay personnel.|
The Meabh Heavy Cruiser was constructed during the Succession Wars by the Lyran Commonwealth as a naval escort and sea patrol replacement for SLDF-era ocean-based blue water naval cruisers. Initially designed at the urging of various social generals to protect House Steiner's undersea command posts, the ships were finally approved for construction in 2807, and production continued until the 2870s.
Though the ships performed well and were highly praised, the design was quickly discarded due to LCAF's decision to hand off responsibility for naval forces to local planetary authorities in 2932. In addition, the undersea complexes that the ship was designed to protect had become poorer and rarer. Newer and cheaper naval vessels became available by late 2950s, including the Neptune and carbon copies of the submarine.
 Weapons and Equipment
The ship's main weaponry consists of six Particle Projector Cannons, mounted in triplets in two turrets. A single Large Laser is also mounted in each turret. These ships also mount a dozen Medium Lasers arranged in pairs covering the left and right firing arcs on the bow and stern. Each pair of Medium Lasers is mounted along with an Autocannon/5.
For underwater defense, the ship mounts two Ten-tube Long Range Torpedo launchers and two Six-tube Short Range Torpedo launchers, one each covering the fore and aft firing arcs. These weapons are coordinated by a basic fire control system, while its ammunition holds contain sixteen tons of autocannon rounds, six tons of LR torpedoes and twelve tons of short range torpedoes.
In addition the Meabh mounts communication equipment, a MASH unit, six searchlights, a helipad and four light vehicle bays for carrying VTOLs, two field kitchens and fourteen lifeboats. Accommodations were provided for with twenty crew quarters, while part of the cargo capacity was frequently converted to carry liquid fuel for the on-board VTOLs and a refrigeration unit for carrying food for the crew and passengers.
Ship has a cargo capacity of 968 tons with doors in aft-right and aft-left quarters.
 Notable Ships of the Class
- LCS Sarah Steiner and LCS Stadt Fischingen were the last of Meabh class in LCAF service. These ships served on Czarvowo, along with the smaller locally built Cliona class frigates Cliona, Tethya, and Axinella. While the Sarah Steiner was scrapped with two of the frigates, the Stadt Fischingen and the Cliona were converted into a naval museum. The ships were stolen by environmental terrorists and subsequently lost in mysterious circumstances. It remains unclear if the sinkings were accidental or a deliberate act of protest against the underwater complex on the world. In 3070, the wreck of the Stadt Fischingen was discovered. An organization of private investors was formed to raise and restore the vessel once again to its role as a museum.
- ↑ MUL online date for the Meabh
- ↑ Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 162
- ↑ Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 162: "Weapons and Ammo"
- ↑ Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 152