|Chassis||NCIS Endo Steel Type L|
|Armor||Alpha Composite Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Consolidated 280 XL Fusion|
|Communications System||Sipher CommSys 5|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cat's Eyes 7|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Morrigan is a light BattleMech that was developed by Clan Nova Cat just after the Jihad. The Nova Cats conceived the Morrigan to meet their need for a new scout 'Mech. The Nova Cats received technical and material support from the Draconis Combine who had access to the design as well. Political wrangling among the Nova Cats and Draconis Combine kept the overall production numbers low. The design was deployed as part of the Nova Cat's second line troops, and the Combine sent Morrigans to their elite units.
For its role as a scout, the 'Mech is equipped with an Active Probe to search out hidden targets. Its XL Fusion engine allows for the design to reach speeds up to 129kph, which helps make up for lack of Jump Jets. The Morrigan's hull is protected by 5.5 tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mech's main weapon is its hard-hitting Model X Heavy Large Laser. To back up the Heavy Laser, the 'mech carries three ATM 3 Missile Launchers, with three full tons of ammunition. With only 10 Double Heat Sinks, a MechWarrior must pay careful attention to keep from overheating the machine.
- Morrigan 2
- This is an all energy weapon variant of the Morrigan designed in 3084 for the Draconis Combine's use. The ATM 3s are removed and switched out for a pair of ER Medium Lasers and Small Pulse Lasers. A Targeting Computer, heat sinks and additional armor round up the additional changes to this variant. BV(2.0)=1,874
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 146-147, "Morrigan"
- MUL online entry for the Morrigan (BattleMech)
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 47
- MUL online entry for the Morrigan 2 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 206
- MUL online entry for the Morrigan 3 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 207
- MUL online entry for the Morrigan 4 variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 98
- MUL online entry for the Morrigan 5 variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 99