Nissan General Industries
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Nissan General Industries|
|Primary Products||Fusion Engines|
One of the primary fusion engine supplier to the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery, Nissan General Industries has a history that dates back to pre-spaceflight Terra. The company was convinced to move its operations and headquarters to the Combine in 2612 in return for two hundred years of tax breaks and automatic grants in exchange for more than seventy-five percent of its production output. Relocating to Kagoshima, Nissan's profits exploded which the company poured back into both research and development as well as construction of additional facilities within the Combine.
The company's standard and extralight engines are mostly used in conventional vehicles, however, and this has limited their market share when compared to other Combine manufacturers. As thanks for House Kurita's support for the company, Nissan sells its fusion plants at cost to those Combine manufacturers that use them, but adds a significant mark-up to those exported to the Draconis Combine's traditional enemies. The post-Clan Invasion detente between the Combine and the Davion-Federated Commonwealth resulted in trade discounts to Davion purchases of Nissan engines, resulting in a spike in the company's production and bolstering its profit line.
Nissan General Industries has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Kagoshima:|
|VOX 80|||
|Nissan 200|||
|Nissan 220|||
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|Omni 175 XL|||
|Nissan 200 XL|||
|VOX 225 XL|||
|Nissan 275 XL|||
|VOX 280 XL|||
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 161 "Pillar of Jade (Economics) - Direct Service (Military) Corporations - Nissan General Industries"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 10
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 4, "State of the Industry Table"