- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Mission|| Battle Armor Transport |
Infantry Fire Support Vehicle
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||ArchShield Maxi II|
|Engine||GoreTex 255 Fusion|
|Communications System||Olmstead 3000 with Guardian ECM & C3 Slave|
|Targeting Tracking System||Omicron X|
The Trajan Assault Infantry Fighting Vehicle (abbreviated Trajan AIFV), is a combat vehicle produced for the Republic of the Sphere as transportation for their Battle Armor forces. The vehicle was originally conceived for the Word of Blake's Protectorate Militias forces to allow them to transport their large motorized and conventional infantry forces during the Jihad.
The vehicle first appeared in combat on Wasat in 3077 as the Palmoni AIFV. The vehicle came as a surprise to the Allied Coalition. However, it was not popular with Coalition forces and vehicles were usually left behind for new planetary militias to use. With formation of the Republic of the Sphere, the vehicle's makers decided to rebrand it as a bid for the Republic's need for a Battle Armor Transport vehicle.
The Trajan's selling point is its large 8 ton Infantry Transport Bay, which allows largest of Battle Armor to moved into the position with some ease. The vehicle is protected by 13.5 tons of standard armor to insure its cargo and crew get to its destination intact. The Trajan features a C3 Slave Computer and Guardian ECM to bolster its usefulness on the battlefield.
Weapons and Equipment
The Trajan's main weapons are found in the vehicle's turret which include; Pair of 7-tubed Multi-Missile Launchers, Extended Medium Laser and Light Class 5 Autocannon. These weapons make up the bulk of the vehicle's firepower. The MMLs and LAC/5s have 4 and 2 tons respectively allotted to each of them.
To help cope with infantry, the vehicle has four Light Machine Guns mounted in each of the vehicle's flanks. The vehicle also features a pair of Anti-Missile Systems mounted on its front flanks. These weapons have been given 1 and 2 tons of ammo respectively to each of these weapon systems.
- Trajan (ICE)
- This second version of the Word of Blake vehicle, which remains in service with the Republic of the Sphere in 3076. Intended for second line troops such as the Protectorate Militia, this vehicle is powered by a Internal Combustion Engine. This version of the vehicle drops one of the AMS and the Medium Laser. Its missile launchers are swapped for a LRM 10 and Streak SRM 6 launchers. BV(2.0)= 1,043
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 466-47, "Trajan Assault Infantry Fighting Vehicle"
- MUL online data for the Trajan
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 44, "Wasat Falls" - Year of liberation of Wasat noted.
- MUL online data for the Palmoni Assault Infantry Fighting Vehicle (Standard)
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 65
- MUL online data for the Trajan Assault Infantry Fighting Vehicle (ICE) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 64