|Pandion Combat WiGE|
|Mission|| Attack Vehicle |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine||GM 120 XL Fusion|
|Communications System||Garret Supremesound|
|Targeting Tracking System||Trackmaster VIII w/ Beagle Active Probe|
The Pandion Combat WiGE is a General Motors produced combat vehicle for the Federated Suns in 3078. The inexpensive vehicle was designed by GM to help ramp up sales to keep the company going during the Jihad. First developed at its plant on Salem, the vehicle production was spread out to other on New Valencia and later at a rebuilt plant on Kathil. GM attempted to win an Infantry transport contract with the Republic of the Sphere's military in 3084. Despites Pandion's APC variant out performing the Draconis Combine's Giggin APC, the contact was awarded to Combine. Seen as backroom deal made with the Combine, GM began a smear campaign against the Giggin's quality.
The Pandion's 120 rated XL Fusion Engine allows it move at rapid speeds up to 162 km/h. Its hull is protected by 4 tons of StarSlab/4 Ferro-Fibrous Armor, with most armor protection concentrated in the front of the vehicle.
Weapons and Equipment
The vehicle's main weapon is its pair of Extended Range Medium Lasers mounted in the turret. Also found in the turret is a Streak 4-tubed Short-Range Missile Launcher which has a ton of ammunition feed it.
- This variant that was based on the original prototype use in GM's bid to attain RAF's infantry transport contract. This production variant introduced also in 3078, has the base model's launcher & associated ammunition removed for an Infantry Transport Bay for Squad of Battle Armor. Troopers would exit from the Vehicle's rear mounted door. While the ER Medium lasers are retained, the Missile ports in the turret are retained to fool opponents into believing it is the heavier armed standard model. BV(2.0)=507
As of this writing, there is no published record sheets for the Pandion or its variants.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 16-17, "Pandion Combat WiGE"
- MUL online date for the Pandion
- MUL online data for the Pandion Combat WiGE (Infantry) variant
- MUL online data for the Pandion Combat WiGE (C3) variant
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 222, "New Tech New Upgrades - Vehicles"