- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Innovative Design Concepts|
|Armor||Durallex Super Medium Heavy Ferro-Fibrous Armor|
|Engine||Core Tek 385 XXL w/Supercharger|
|Communications System||Dalban StarLink Classic|
|Jump Jets||Northrup 12000|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Prowler was designed specifically for Zellbrigen Stables. By using Clan weaponry, the designers of Innovative Design Concepts hoped to land an exclusive contract to provide Zellbrigen with equipment. By combining an XXL Engine with a Supercharger, the engineers gave the Prowler the ability to put on bursts of extremely high speed. Though originally based on a Wolverine chassis, the IDC team replaced the structure with a lightweight composite skeleton. The engineers also used a Small Cockpit and Compact Gyro to free up more room on the chassis. The weight freed by the XXL engine and composite skeleton, combined with the space freed by the gyro and cockpit, allowed the engineers to install Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor, providing a great deal of protection. As "Wolverine" has negative connotations for the Clan warriors, the 'Mech's armor profile was completely redesigned and the new 'Mech was named the Prowler.
Weapons and Equipment
The Prowler's main armament is its Series PPS-XX ER Large Pulse Laser. This is backed up by two Series PPS-XIX ER Medium Pulse Lasers and two Series PPS-XVI ER Small Pulse Lasers. All of them are Clan technology.
- This variant features standard ER Lasers instead of the ER Pulse Lasers. Two SRM-4 racks replace the ER Small Pulse Lasers. The supercharged engine was replace by a standard engine, and a Targeting Computer was installed. It also has five more double heat sinks than the original model. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,990
- Technical Readout: 3055, p. 154
- MUL online date for the Prowler (BattleMech)
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 253
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 254