|Mission|| Infantry Support |
|Engine||250 Magna Fusion Engine|
|Speed||90 kph km/h|
The Ranger VV1 Armored Fighting Vehicle was noted for its deployment in the major militaries of the early 32nd Century. Produced by Valiant Vehicles, the vehicle was designed to be a companion to the Striker Light Tank. Produced by Valiant systems, the Ranger was originally intended for front-line combat use. After Devlin Stone's Coalition purchased several and saw how they performed in combat however, most of the Ranger VV1's were transferred to units that are geared for city fighting where the extremely short range of the Ranger's weapons wouldn't be much of a handicap. The AFFS for example has transferred nearly all its Ranger VV1's from its armor regiments to infantry regiments, where they support APCs.
Powering the vehicle is a Magna fusion engine that allows the vehicle be propelled to 90 kilometers per hour. Ten tons of armor protect the crew, which is sufficient to stand up to the infantry and battle armor units that are it's primary target.
The Ranger's armament is optimized for anti-infantry operations. The eight various machine guns are mounted in a pair of quad mount Machine Gun Arrays. These turret-mounted arrays allow the Ranger VV1 to rapidly destroy conventional infantry platoons and inflict serious damage on battle armor units as well. To supplement this firepower against armored targets, the Ranger carries a pair of forward-firing ER Small Lasers. These are particularly effective against battle armor troops, but can also dissuade small vehicles from closing.
- Ranger VV1 Field Refit - This version removes the Machine Gun Arrays and ER Small Lasers of the standard Ranger VV1. In their place, four forward firing Diverse Optics Type 10 Small Lasers are mounted in a forward mount. The Light Machine Guns are also removed and replaced by standard Machine Guns. BV (2.0) = 607
- Ranger VV2 - To provide a longer range version of the Ranger, Valiant removed the machine guns and replaced them with eight Magshots. This tripled the Ranger's effective range and made it more effective against armored targets, but reduced its effect against infantry. To compensate, this variant is usually teamed up with two or three Ranger VV1s. BV (2.0) = 711
- Ranger VV22 - This variant uses an experimental Dual Turret system to provide more firepower. To increase protection it also trades the standard armor for Ferro-Fibrous armor. This model isn't as popular as the standard Ranger VV2 because it's more expensive and harder to maintain. BV (2.0) = 786
- Dark Age - This variant of the Ranger VV1 is armed with four Diverse Optics Type 10 Small Lasers mounted in a forward mount. Eight machine guns have been mounted in the vehicle turret with half ton of ammunition. The vehicle is protected with an extra half ton of standard armor. Enhancing its protection it is also equipped with a Guardian ECM Suite located in the main body. BV (2.0)= 335 
Prior to publishing of later products, the Ranger VV1 was known in MWDA novels as VV1 Ranger.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Technical Readout: 3085, p. 26
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 26
- ↑ DA_13 MWDA Corporal Cesar Spano Dossier.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 27
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 28
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 29
- ↑ Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 24