- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Luthien Class 41 Endo Steel|
|Armor||New Samarkand Teppeki Hardened|
|Engine||Magna 245 XL|
|Targeting Tracking System||Neko Megane 7|
First produced in the 3130s, the Rokurokubi is a Light BattleMech built for the armed forces of the Draconis Combine. Styled after ancient Japanese Bushido armor, the Rokurokubi was designed to be a light strike 'Mech. It uses its speed and robust armor to close with an enemy unit while employing its singular ranged weapon until it can bring its sword to bear. The 'Mech was popular amongst the young samurai of House Kurita, who used it for honor duels between warriors in addition to regular combat. Shortly after the invasion of the Republic of the Sphere, it would be used as a leading unit in the invasion of the Federated Suns in the 3140s.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed with minimal weaponry, the Rokurokubi's only ranged weapon is its SarLon MiniCannon Light Class 5 Autocannon. Mounted in the 'Mech's left arm, the weapon has a 2 ton ammunition capacity, allowing a pilot the flexibility of loading different special ammunition types into the weapon. For close in attack the 'Mech is armed with a samurai-like sword in its right hand actuator.
To allow the Rokurokubi to survive enemy fire while closing in for its MechWarrior to use his melee weapon, the 'Mech is armored with 13.5 tons of New Samarkand Teppeki Hardened Armor. Despite the weight of the armor slowing the 'Mech by a single kilometer per hour, its 245-rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine is able to give the Rokurokubi a respectable speed of 108 kph. However, the pilot must be mindful that his armor protection is not foolproof and a hit to the central torso could end up damaging the 'Mech's fragile XL Gyro.
- Wahab Fusilli -
The [Rokurokubi] is named after the Mythological Japanese demon of the same name. They are known to mimic human beings and prey on them when they least expect it.
The Rokurokubi was originally produced by WizKids as part of their Firepower expansion of the game. Writers for WizKids gave some BattleTech stats for the 'Mech, but it did not get a record sheet until the release of Technical Readout 3145 and its Record Sheet book.
The Rokurokubi has the following Design Quirks:
- Dragon Rising
- MechWarrior: Age of Destruction
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine
- online date for the Rokurokubi
- Technical Readout: Draconis Combine, p. 32,85 Rokurokubi - bv2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 138
- Technical Readout: Draconis Combine, p. 32 Rokurokubi - background info.
- Technical Readout: Draconis Combine, p. 32,85 Rokurokubi - Stats.
- Technical Readout: Draconis Combine, p. 32,84 Rokurokubi - Variant info on RK-4K.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 137
- Technical Readout: Draconis Combine, p. 32,86 Rokurokubi - Variant info on RK-4X.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 139