- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Vining Engineering and Salvage Team|
|Chassis||VEST 201 Charlie|
|Engine||EXP 425 XXL|
|Communications System||Irian TelStar|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P 2000|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Sasquatch was to be VEST's entry into the Assault 'Mech category. After producing a prototype 'Mech, someone stole it out of the VEST facility. VEST immediately redesigned the Sasquatch to destroy the stolen 'Mech. To increase the speed over the original, engineers used an XXL Engine. By stripping out the secondary weapons of the original, VEST was able to increase armor protection and add a Large Shield for additional protection. The stolen prototype Sasquatch faced the updated model, and was soundly defeated.
Weapons and Equipment
The Sasquatch's main armament is its Grizzard Model 200 Gauss Rifle, which is backed up by three Martell-X Medium Pulse Lasers and a single Exostar Small Laser. For additional protection, it mounts a Large Shield on its left arm.
- The original Sasquatch mounted a smaller VOX 340XL engine, but several Jump Jets to compensate for the smaller engine. It also mounted a ton less armor, but had better armament in the form of a Gauss Rifle, four Medium Pulse Lasers, a Small Laser, two Machine Guns, and an Anti-Missile System. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,940
- While still being tested, this variant mounts Improved Jump Jets, giving it the ability to jump two-hundred and fourty metres. A Large Pulse Laser and three additional Double Heat Sinks are added, but at the cost of the Gauss Rifle, the Large Shield and a Medium X-Pulse Laser. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,735
- MUL online date for the Sasquatch
- Technical Readout: 3055, p. 168
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 274
- Solaris: The Reaches, p. 58
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 273
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 275