|Svantovit Infantry Fighting Vehicle|
|Armor||Compound Alpha Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Consolidated Type 2I|
The Svantovit Infantry Fighting Vehicle is designed for use with second-line units to deliver a Point of Elementals to the battlefield. Since BattleMechs do not have handholds for battle armor like OmniMechs do, the Svantovit was modified from its original form to be able to carry five tons of cargo, enough for a full Elemental Point. This Svantovit is a swift hovercraft, capable of attaining speeds up to 162 km/h. The drawback of the compact combat vehicle is that it is only protected by three tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, so it must use its speed to avoid being hit.
In addition to carrying infantry, the Svantovit is designed to support those same troops. At long range it can contribute fire in the form of paired Type V "Longbow" LRM-5s, which can also be fired indirectly. Twin Pattern J2 Streak SRM-2s are mounted in a turret that gives them a full 360 degree field of fire, while the sides are protected from infantry by a Series IX Machine Gun on each side.
- Original - The original Svantovit was designed during the Succession Wars to carry a platoon of unarmored infantry. The vehicle has only three tons of cargo space. The vehicle's principle weaponry include a pair of LRM-5 Launcherss mounted in the front. For anti-infantry defense, the vehicle has been given a single Machine Gun on both sides of the vehicle. Mounted in the vehicle's turret are two Streak SRM-4 Launcherss. BV (1.0) = 737, BV (2.0) = 889
- ATM / Masada - This Svantovit is a Jihad era variant, which has been nicknamed the Masada. While its armor protection remains the same as with the original, all other things have been changed. The Svantovit's fusion engine is swapped out with a space saving XL Fusion Engine. This allows for the vehicle's Infantry Bay to be increased to 5 tons, allowing for Battle Armor travel in it. Mounted on the turret are a pair of AP Gauss Rifles and an ATM-9 Launcher which has 7 rounds of standard, High-Explosive & Extended Range missile ammo. Also, 2 tons of ammunition have been alloted to the AP Gs. = BV (2.0) = 988
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Combat Operations, p. 108
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 71
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 48-49, "Svantovit Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 73 - Stats for the original Svantovit and its BV2 numbers. Variant is noted being called Original.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 72 - Jihad era Svantovit.