- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Tamerlane Strike Sled|
|Manufacturer||Novis AT-H, Inc.|
|Engine||Magna 155 Fusion|
|Communications System||Marconi M-Pulse VI|
|Targeting Tracking System||Marconi TTS series II|
Produced in the same vein as the Savannah Master and SM1, the Tamerlane Strike Sled is a “flying gun” capable of high speeds with short-range firepower. It was developed for the Magistracy Armed Forces by Novis, which subsequently pitched the design to the Strategios. Though the Capellans were initially hesitant, by 3075 Novis had built two more factories to fulfill demand. They then began selling it to Canopian-employed mercenary units at low cost. The design's popularity has been primarily fueled by its low cost and cheap maintenance.
The Strike Sled is extremely fast. It tops out at an incredible 194 km/h. Speed is its armor, however, as it only has three tons of Maximillian 43.
Weapons and Equipment
The “gun” in “flying gun” is a turret-mounted Diverse Optics ER Medium Laser. It is supplemented by a Marklin Mini SRM-2. It lacks any long-range weapons as its super-fast speed allows it to engage and disengage virtually at will.
- Tamerlane 2
- Introduced in 3073, difficult years for the Magistracy of Canopus take place during the Jihad and Novis was unable to acquire the needed extended range lasers. Therefore, they downgraded it to a standard Medium Laser. This version remained the export version sold to the CCAF and mercenaries. BV (2.0) = 359
- MUL online date for the Tamerlane
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 46-47, "Tamerlane Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075, p. 39
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 10
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 87
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 11
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 90
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 12
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 89
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 13
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 88