3rd Oriente Hussars
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- Read more →
|Third Oriente Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Oriente Hussars|
Anton Marik's Revolt
During Anton Marik's Revolt, the Third didn't face any internal foes. In 3014 the 31st Marik Militia was trapped on Uhuru by the 9th Lyran Regulars and Narhal's Raiders. The Third, along with the 5th Oriente Hussars, relieved the trapped unit and drove the Lyran attackers off-world. They then remained on Uhuru to discourage further raids by the Lyran Commonwealth.
The 3rd Hussars by time 3025, the Green skilled unit was considered to be under strength. The unit consisted of mainly heavy 'Mech designs. It suffered from tracking and communications difficulties. They were noted at the time for their high discipline under fire and good inter-unit coordination.
Capellan Border and Operation Guerrero
Over the course of the after the 4th Succession War and Clan Invasion, the unit was primary stationed on border with House Liao. Designated to defend against raids and other threats which left the unit with a lot free time. Initially their unit commanders Colonel Gotch and Clifford drilled the unit in parade-grounds skills, to keep the unit disciplined and busy. These unit skills came useful, when League went on the offensive.
In 3057, Operation Guerrero was launched by Captain-General Thomas Marik after the death of his son. Operation had the 3rd Oriente invade the Federated Commonwealth world of Van Diemen IV. Here they fought the 3rd Republicans for control of the planet. The unit utilized pre-planned operations without using communications, leaving the 3rd Republicans without means listen into their plans. The Hussars, were victorious over the Republicans claiming the planet. The Hussar's supporting troops however were badly mauled and was forced to withdraw.
In 3063, Force Commander Therese Mathews, the unit's executive officer replaced Colonel Dumoss. The regiment equipment has been mixed ranges of from ancient to modern equipment from Word of Blake Militia. The unit Tank force took brunt of Operation Guerrero had not yet recover its losses from battle with Republicans. Infantry forces, formed from Van Diemen's militia are badly under equipped and its commander suspect they would not survive battle should they placed in one. After taking command, Colonel Mathews begun to trained her new command in art of precision strikes. These style which she learned while when she served with elite Eagle Corp. Her commando training saved her from six assassination attempts on her life over course decade. Unknown to most these actions were of actions of the Word of Blake.
Jihad and the defection
During the Jihad, the unit was still garrisoning Van Diemen IV when the Word of Blake's 15th Division assaulted the planet in 3069. With the surprise attack on the Hussars, the unit began to be over-powered the by the Division's artillery and Aerospace bombardment. During the course of the fighting, Force Commander Norris Anderson murdered the unit's commander in a morning staff meeting. This left the Hussars in chaos and ultimately they were defeated. A large portion of the unit, including its local infantry support unit, join the 15th Division. With the planet now in Word of Blake Protectorate's hands, the unit's fate is unclear.
After the Jihad, investigations discovered that the Third Oriente Hussars had been destroyed. They stayed off the rolls until 3140 when the new Free Worlds League Parliament authorized a replacement unit to be named the Third Oriente Hussars. This new unit called itself "The Reunited." Many of the soldiers who staffed this unit claimed to be descendants of the soldiers of the original Third Hussars, but these are likely exaggerations. Despite this, it provided the soldiers of the new unit with a sense of history. Since their unit was raised the Third had repelled several raids and attacks by the Andurien Defense Force. Their two battalions were stationed on Mansu-ri and Dalton in 3145.
A company of the Third Oriente Hussars was lost after a raid on Deschenes. An unknown attacker seized a Union-class DropShip in the Mansu-ri system and the Oriente ship was never heard from again.
As of 3063 the commanding officer was Colonel Theresa Matthews
The unit developed Commando-style precision strike tactics while under command of Colonel Matthews.
Third Oriente Hussars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Irving Clifford
Third Oriente Hussars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Vandy Jolibois
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Simon Dumose
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Peter Lipton
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Orswald Bursin
- CO: Commodore John Pack
- CO: Force Commander Abdul Rauf
Second Van Diemen Green Jackets (1 Regiment/Green/Fanatical)
- CO: Lt. Colonel Nicole Pourdes
Third Oriente Hussars (2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Clark Patrick
Third Hussars Aerospace Wing (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Sheldon Skinner
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Claudia Sherman
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Lenore Gill
Three interconnecting rings, two on top, one on the bottom.
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 24
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 100, "3rd Oriente Hussars unit description marking its strengths and weaknesses".
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 94, "Hussar brief History during Operation Guerrero".
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 152, "Therese Mathews takes over command of the 3rd Oriente Hussars".
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 94, "Listings of composition status".
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 152, "Mathews improves training of the unit, side dialog in Field Manual listing for Hussars mentions has Word of Blake operative swearing revenge on her for death of latest assassin as of 3067".
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 130, "Notable pilot Adept Norris Anderson named as traitor who took out Hussar's commander".
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 104
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 115, "Free Worlds League Military"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 48
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 100, "Small unit profile for 3rd Oriente Hussars".
- 20 Year Update, p. 57, "FWLM Deployment Table".
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "FWLM Deployment Table"