- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
As at 3061 the Volga-class Transport Ursine Boatman was serving as the CGB Ursine Boatman within the Clan Ghost Bear touman and was a part of the substantial flotilla of transport WarShips available to the Ghost Bears during this era. The Ursine Boatman remained an active part of the Ghost Bear touman for the next decade and into the chaos of the Jihad.
Actively supporting Ghost Bear battleships for most of the Jihad, the Ursine Boatman was eventually lost in the only battle in which it deployed in a role other than that of supporting battleships.
In 3078 New Earth was targeted for liberation by the allied coalition as a part of Operation SCOUR; a contingent of roughly four Galaxies of mixed Clan forces drawn from the Lyran front of the Operation struck at New Earth on the 8th of February 3078, meeting heavy resistance.
The initial attack was rebuffed, with the Clan forces having retreated by mid February; while the media reported that the SDS in the New Earth system had been destroyed or at least heavily damaged, it also reported that up to four Clan WarShips supporting the ground forces had been destroyed, and that the Clan forces had been forced to retreat due to the presence of not just the anticipated Protectorate Militia Divisions and Militia Division, but also at least one Shadow Division. There were also unsubstantiated rumours that the forces from Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf had arrived at different times, with the Ghost Bears arriving early, and then failed to work together. One of the destroyed WarShips was subsequently identified as the Aegis-class heavy cruiser CJF Frost Falcon; another was the Vincent-class corvette CSR Huninn, a vessel from the Clan Snow Raven Ice Storm Naval Star assigned to support the Ghost Bear Dominion during the Jihad, and a third ship lost was the Ursine Boatman.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 86, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 60, "Naval Assets"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Fleet Assets"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 66, "Failed Gambit?"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15, "Fleet Assets"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 18, "Fleet Assets"