189th Jump Infantry Division
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|189th Jump Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The New Orleans Division|
|Parent Formation||XXIV Corps|
The 189th formed a part of XXIV Corps, Fifth Army, and in 2764, the unit was stationed on Asuncion in District 1 of the Capellan Confederation Military Region. Following the New Vandenberg Uprising and subsequent Periphery uprising the 189th was moved to District 2 of the CCMR in 2765 to backfill for units deployed into the periphery.
The 189th took heavy losses during the Hegemony Campaign and the Liberation of Terra, particularly in Paris when the 8th Patriot Division forced the 189th into committing itself to a floor by floor clearing of a 50 floor building before detonating a tactical nuclear weapon, almost annihilating the division. The division was disbanded by 2784 and elements of the division went on to join the Free Worlds League.
|Commanding Officers of the 189th Jump Infantry Division|
|Major General||Nyoko Asagiri-MacNichols||2764|
The Division was trained for urban combat.
As an SLDF jump infantry division the 189th would have been formed from one brigade of BattleMech regiments and two brigades of jump infantry, which would have been supported by two Ground Aero Wings which protected and carried the infantry.
- The Star League, p. 153
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 253, "SLDF - Capellan Confederation Military Command Map"
- Liberation of Terra, Volume 2, p. 78, "Paris and Geneva"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 81, "189th Jump Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133