279th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|279th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Chara Cossacks|
|Parent Formation||XLIII Corps|
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XLIII Corps, Seventeenth Army, of the Periphery Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The 279th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
|Commanding Officers of the 279th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- The Star League, p. 155, "Seventeenth"
- The Star League, p. 133