311th Division (ComStar)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|311th Division Level IV-xi|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Parent Formation||4th Army|
|Formed||Unknown (mid 3030's)|
Along with the rest of the Fourth Army, the Three-Hundred and Eleventh was assigned to assist the First Army combat Clan Ghost Bear during the Battle of Tukayyid. Scared that the green units of the Fourth like the 311th would break during combat against the Bears, despite protests from the Fourth Army's commander Precentor Aryon Tolliver, the First Army commander Katherine Luarca ordered the Fourth to stay on station around the secondary target city of Luk while the First led the charge against the Bears.
When Luarca's decision weakened the defense of the primary target of Spanac and allowed the Ghost Bears to capture it, two divisions from the Fourth unsuccessfully attempted to pin them down in the city with artillery fire to prevent them moving on their brothers back at Luk. With the Bears' elite Alpha Galaxy shrugging off this assault and tearing into the Fourth Army as Luarca had feared, Luk and the divisions of the Fourth were saved when Luarca ordered the 103rd Division along with the remains of the 308th Division to sack Alpha's main supply depot. Guarded only by freebirth warriors in second line 'Mechs and with Alpha's losses mounting, the Bears pulled back to reinforce and safeguard Spanac, earning a marginal victory against the Com Guards.
Despite its valiant efforts against the Bears, Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht elected to disband rather than rebuild the heavily damaged Three-Hundred and Eleventh Division, transferring its survivors to other units.
|Commanding Officers of the 311th Division (ComStar)|
311th Division (Division/Green)
- Note: At this point in time the 311th Division was stationed on Atlas.
- Like all the divisions of the Fourth Army, the 311th is not mentioned by name in any source on the Battle of Tukayyid, appearing in that Army in 20-Year Update but not included in its post-Tukayyid roster in ComStar, its fate based on conjecture.
- 20-Year Update, pg. 70 "4th V-nu"
- Tukayyid, pp. 48-56 "Campaign: Clan Ghost Bear"
- Invading Clans, p. 29 "Tukayyid: World of Fate"
- Wolf Clan, pp. 48-49, "Days of Armageddon - Ghost Bear"
- ComStar, pp. 69-72, "Battle of Tukayyid"
- 20-Year Update, p. 70