51st Hussar Regiment
|Fifty-first Hussar Regiment|
|Parent Command||XXX Corps|
The Fifty-first Hussar Regiment was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In the early twenty-seventh century, the Fifty-first had a small unit of ten Hussar BattleMechs attached to it. This unit, nicknamed "the Fingers of Death" generally performed fast strikes behind enemy lines and helped show the merit of the 'Mech that would eventually become the standard light machine of the SLDF. An example of this was the operation on Wotan in 2630.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXX Corps, Twelfth Army, to District 2 of the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery. The 51st was destroyed during the Periphery Uprising in 2765.
|Commanding Officers of the 51st Hussar Regiment|
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 192, "HSR-200-D Hussar"
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 24, "Capabilities"
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 16, "Overview"
- The Star League, p. 145, "Twelfth"
- The Star League, p. 133, "Unit Composition"