9th Raven Wing (Clan Snow Raven)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|9th Raven Wing Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3061)|
|Nickname||The Ice Wing|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
Clan Invasion Era
The Dark Age
In 3144 the Raven Alliance attacked and conquered Sterlington and Kirbyville. Sterlington was defended by the Third Periphery Guard at the time; the Ninth Raven Wing Cluster made very effective use of their Hippogriff ProtoMechs as shock weapons, and in at least one notable instance the Ninth managed to rout a dug-in contingent of the Third Periphery Guard by deploying Elementals and Afreets on the ground before dropping Hippogriffs onto the Third from a high altitude to sweep down. The sudden appearance of the ProtoMechs caused panic and disarray amidst the ranks of the Third, who promptly ran into the arms of a second wave of Raven forces.
|Commanding Officers of the 9th Raven Wing|
|Star Colonel||Todd Patterson||3061|
Specialize in Ground-support.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 129, "Unit Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 46, "Hippogriff ProtoMech"