- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|Aithon Assault Transport|
|Manufacturer||Swedenborg Heavy Industries|
|Mission||Heavy Infantry Transport,|
Direct-Fire Artillery Support
|Armor||Composite Alpha-V1 Ferro-Lamellor|
|Engine||300 Extralight Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Build 1685 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series VI Integrated TTS|
The Aithon Assault Transport is a Clan heavy infantry transport first produced by Swedenborg Heavy Industries in 3084 for Clan Hell's Horses. Created as a new design, the Aithon serves as a replacement for the various vehicles that the Clan is no longer able to produce. The Aithon is slow, but it is a well-armored design that sports 12.5 tons of advance tech Ferro-Lamellor Armor. In addition to its damage-reducing armor, the vehicle's vulnerable traction system is protected with a 10-ton Armored Motive System.
One of the vehicle's principal features is its infantry bay, which can handle upwards of 10 tons worth of troops.
Since being introduced into service, the Hell's Horses have distributed these machines into its assault Clusters.
Weapons and Equipment
The Aithon's main weapon is its Model LT-Max Long Tom Artillery Cannon, the forward-mounted weapon principally used to blast away at bunkers and other defensive positions. The Cannon has three tons of ammunition which are protected by CASE. For close-quarters combat, the Aithon relies on its four turret-mounted Medium Pulse Lasers.
- The technology listed in this vehicle has been re-rated according to the Jihad Technology Advancement Table found in Technical Readout: Prototypes. The vehicle's Ferro-Lamellor Armor and Long Tom Artillery Cannon bring the Aithon's tech level to the Advanced Tech rating. It should be noted that first printing/PDF release of the Technical Readout: Prototypes does not list Ferro-Lamellor Armor's Class being changed from Experimental (found in Tactical Operations) to Advanced; this was corrected by errata Master Unit List for Aithon also lists vehicle as Advanced.
- MUL online date for the Aithon
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 81–82
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, pp. 206-208: "Jihad Technology Advancement Table" - Tech levels for Aithon's components vary from Total Warfare/TechManual construction rules
- Errata for Technical Readout: Prototypes lists Ferro-Lamellor as missing and classified as Advanced Technology.