- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Affiliation|| Republic of the Sphere|
The unit was formed by hand-picked members from the RAF defectors who followed Jasek Kelswa-Steiner's call to return to the Lyran Commonwealth, as well as a significant number of troops of unknown origin.
Republic of the Sphere intelligence sources speculate that these troops are on loan from the LCAF and indicate support for the Landgrave's cause from the Archon herself. Republic of the Sphere intelligence informs that the Shield represents a new phase in the current Republic of the Sphere troubles, with the Great Houses no longer hesitant to directly contribute to the internal conflicts within the Republic. Intelligence informs that this is also at least partially responsible for the high skill level of the Shield.
The Archon's Shield is the elite unit within the Stormhammers. Several Dark Age sources speculate that this unit is partly made up of LIC agents "loaned" by Archon Melissa Steiner to Jasek Kelswa-Steiner in order to further Lyran interests within the destabilizing Republic. Most notably, the dossiers of Latonya Lyons and Michaela Freeman heavily implies that they are covert operatives planted within the Stormhammers. Several ex-Republic Skye Militia defectors can also be found within this unit.
The Unit motto is "A shield can be a deadly weapon...in the right hands".
|Commanding Officers of the Archon's Shield|
- Archon's Shield (Battalion / Elite / Fanatical)
- Equipment Level: A
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 19 "Archons Shield"