- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2864)|
The unit had initially began with the First Avalon Borderers, however it was expanded with the addition of three former SLDF regiments once belonging to the SLDF 5th and 8th Armies. The four regiments in the brigade consisted of SLDF defectors which were the Fifth Hussars, Ninety-first Heavy Assault, 2004th Battle, and the 149th Dragoon Regiments. These newcomers were veterans of the Amaris Civil War and participated in the liberation of Terra.
First Succession War
The First Succession War first pitted the brigade's units against the Sun's enemies. The Second, Third and Fourth Regiments were deployed against the Draconis Combine in the FedSun's Counteroffensive. By the end of the war the Third Avalon Borderers had been destroyed and the remaining units' reduced to half-strength or worse.
Second Succession War
The Second Succession War took an even greater toll upon the Avalon Borderers, as by the war's end both the First and Second had been destroyed and the Fourth reduced to barely a tenth of its authorized strength.
|Commanding Officers of the Avalon Borderers|
Different per Unit.
Units of the Avalon Borderers
- First Succession Wars (Source Book) p.33 - Former SLDF regiments joined to FedSuns forming the Avalon Borderers during the First Succession Wars and their actions during the conflict.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, 8th and 5th Armies were listed as assaulting Terra and liberating it and the Hegemony.
- Second Succession War (Source Book) p. 94, "Deployment Table - Armed Forces of the Federated Suns".