|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||Paulina Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM 150 XL|
|Communications System||TharHes Thalia HM-22|
|Targeting Tracking System||TharHes Ares-5B|
|Heat Sinks||11 double|
|Jump Jets||Luxor 2/Q|
The Battle Hawk was originally designed and built at a time when Defiance Industries felt threatened by the large amount of equipment being produced by, and imported from, the Free Worlds League; it was built to prove that Defiance Industries was still an industry leader in BattleMechs. This came from a 'Mech that, while slow for its weight class, is a force to be reckoned with on the modern battlefield. The Battle Hawk has a top speed of 86.4 km/h, which puts it on par with 'Mechs 15 to 20 tons heavier than itself, but it also carries a powerful arsenal for its size. Its five and a half tons of armor give it good protection for a light 'Mech. Additionally, to make the Battle Hawk more maneuverable on the battlefield, it can jump up to 150 meters.
Weapons and Equipment
The Battle Hawk is armed with a powerful short-range arsenal. The primary weaponry is a trio of Defiance P5M medium pulse lasers, which provides the Battle Hawk with a blistering short-range laser arsenal. The 'Mech is also armed with a Hovertec Streak SRM-2 which allows the 'Mech to attempt to seek out weak points in an enemy's armor. Finally, the 'Mech mounts a McArthur anti-missile system which provides the Battle Hawk with a degree of protection from missile attacks.
- The K306 variant is a modification of the Battle Hawk that looks to make the 'Mech more durable. This is accomplished by removing the XL engine and replacing it with a light fusion engine, allowing the 'Mech to withstand the destruction of a side torso. Additionally, the medium pulse lasers have been upgraded to ER medium lasers and the Streak SRM-2 launcher has been replaced with a Streak SRM-4 launcher. BV (1.0) = 876; BV (2.0) = 926
- Author Blaine Lee Pardoe stated in a blog entry that, according to his memory which he admitted could be wrong, the Battle Hawk was among the BattleMechs which he designed and for which he wrote the original background as initially published in TRO:3055.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Kampffalke. The model code was accordingly changed to KM-K305.
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 96–97: "BH-K305 Battle Hawk"
- MUL online date for the Battle Hawk
- Combat Operations, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 16
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 17
- BattleMech Manual, Fourth Printing, p. 90: "BattleMech Quirk Table"
- BattleMech Manual Errata (Version 6.01), p. 9: "BattleMech Quirk Table"