- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Carnivore Assault Tank|
|Engine||320 XL Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||2SH C3 w/ECM Suit|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 4 JVJ TTS|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,997|
The Carnivore Assault Tank is a post-Jihad design produced by Clan Wolf as part their efforts to rebuild their touman. Produced 3082 on Weingarten, the Carnivore was designed to provide ranged fire support for Clan Wolf troops. When it was designed, the Clan's leadership specified the vehicle must use existing production parts used in other Clan vehicle and 'Mech production to ease cost and construction. After its introduction, it would be traded to neighboring Clans and even Inner Sphere powers for additional supplies and equipment.
The Carnivore was designed with lessons learned from turbulent realities of the modern battlefield after the Jihad. Clan scientists included a Guardian ECM Suite as part of the tank means to handle the Inner Sphere's usage of advanced electronic equipment. The Tank uses 15.5 tons of Advanced/3 Standard Armor to protect its XL Fusion Engine and other vital equipment. The vehicle's ammunition is also protected with CASE.
Weapons and Equipment
The vehicle's main weapons are its twin Gauss Rifles, which are fitted into the turret. The Rifles are borrowed from the Sun Cobra BattleMech production line. Its secondary weapons for close-in combat include a pair of front mounted Extended Range Medium Lasers. Mounted on each of its flanks is a single Heavy Machine Gun to help handle infantry forces that might pose a threat to it. The tank has four tons of Gauss Rifle ammunition and half a ton of machine gun ammo.
- After success of the baseline mode, Clan Wolf began producing in 3083 a variant using Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle technology. The standard Gauss Rifles were removed to make room for a Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle 40. The front mounted ER Medium Lasers are exchanged for Medium Pulse Lasers, while the machine guns were replaced by four AP Gauss Rifles. To beef up the tank's defenses, the vehicle sports a pair of Anti-Missile Systems fitted to the tank's turret. BV(2.0)= 2,286
- This version is used as an export model and for second line troops developed in 3084. Sold to Clan Wolf-in-Exile and House Steiner, this stripped down version of the Carnivore utilizes a standard Fusion Engine in place of an XL. Its twin Gauss Rifles are exchanged for a single LB 10-X Autocannon, and the ER Mediums are swapped for the Pulse Laser version. The Heavy Machine Guns are downgraded to a pair of Light Machine Guns. BV (2.0)= 1,248
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 140-141, "Carnivore Assault Tank"
- MUL online entry for the Carnivore
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 35
- MUL online entry for the Carnivore Assault Tank (HAG) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 197
- MUL online entry for the Carnivore Assault Tank (Second-Line) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 198