- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer|| LAW-Barcella Beta |
Clan Sea Fox IndustriPlex-C
Luthien Armor Works
|Armor||Alpha Compound Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Consolidated 215 XL|
|Communications System||Omicron 5000|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 4 CAT TTS w/Advanced Targeting Computer|
The Cizin is a hover tank developed by Clan Nova Cat during the last years of the thirty-first century. Designed to be fast and hard hitting, the Cizin is capable of demolishing opponents with its intermediate and close-range firepower. The vehicle prove to be popular with
After the political fallout of the Second Combine-Dominion War, the Nova Cats would be forced to sell the design to Clan Sea Fox, where they would put the vehicle into production at their own production facilities on Itabaiana. Only later by permission of the Draconis Combine, the Nova Cats would be permitted to resume production on a limited basis at their own production facilities on Irece in 3120.
The vehicle would be effectively used during the Clan Nova Cat's uprising and would become accepted to Draconis Combine's own forces after the Clan's demise. LAW would then add additional production facilities for the Cizin on Luthien by 3145.
The Cizin is named after the Mayan god of earthquakes and death.
Weapons and Equipment
Powered by a Clan Consolidated 215-Rated XL Fusion Engine, the power plant allows the Cizin to outmaneuver many of its opponents. Its hull is protected by 7 tons of Clan Nova Cat's Alpha Compound Ferro-Fibrous armor, which is focused mainly in its front with modest armoring found in the turret and its sides while benefitting from integrated CASE protection.
Most of the Cizin's firepower comes from four Series 2d Extended-Range Medium Lasers found in the tank's turret. Backing up the turret weapons is pair of 2-tubed Pattern D-II SRM Launchers mounted in its front with 1 ton of ammunition. The turreted energy weapons are all tied in to a Targeting Computer mounted in the main body.
- Designed for long-range engagements, the Support variant was introduced in 3124. Its main weapon is a turreted ER Large Laser guided by the tank's Targeting Computer. A single Streak LRM-15 mounted in the front with sixteen volleys worth of fire. The Tank's protection is augmented by a ECM Suite, allowing to act as a Star's electronic warfare support. BV (2.0)= 1,932
The Cizin was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectible Miniatures game as a part of its Annihilation expansion set. It was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
The Cizin is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for the Cizin
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine]], pp. 19 & 70 Cizin - BV2
- MUL Profile for Cizin - Include BV2 & Introduction Date.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 125
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine]], p. 18 Cizin - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine]], pp. 18-19 & 70 Cizin - BV2
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine]], pp. 18 & 71 Cizin (Support) - Variant Info
- MUL Profile for Cizin Support - Include BV2 & Introduction Date.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 126